Brigadier General Brandon Parker is the Chief of Staff, Combined Joint Task Force- Operation INHERENT RESOLVE, U.S. Central Command. He oversees a corps-level headquarters staff across multiple locations in the CENTCOM area of responsibility to achieve commanders’ objectives in the fight against the Islamic State group of Iraq and Syria. Brigadier General Parker grew up in St. Louis, Missouri and Ogden, Utah, and is a 1996 graduate of the United States Air Force Academy. Prior to becoming the Chief of Staff, he commanded the 7th Bomb Wing, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas. Brigadier General Parker also served as the vice commander of the 2nd Bomb Wing, Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana and commanded the 23rd Bomb Squadron, Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota. His staff assignments included duty as Director of Air Force Colonels Management, executive officer to the Chief of Staff of the United States Air Force (CSAF) and as a joint planning officer at Headquarters, U.S. Strategic Command, Plans and Policy Directorate, Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska. Brigadier General Parker deployed in support of various contingencies including Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom. He is a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Weapons School, the School of Advanced Air & Space Studies (SAASS), Air Command and Staff College (ACSC), and he served as a National Defense Fellow at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government. Brigadier General Parker is a command pilot with more than 2,800 hours in bomber aircraft and over 380 combat hours.
1996 Bachelors Degree of Science, Psychology, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
2003 Distinguished Graduate, Squadron Officer’s School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 U.S. Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev., and Barksdale AFB, La.
2007 Master of Aeronautical Science Degree, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona, Fla.
2008 Master of Military Art and Science, ACSC, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Master of Airpower Art and Science, SAASS, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Joint Forces Staff College, JPME II, Norfolk, Va.
2012 Air War College (by correspondence), Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 National Defense Fellow, Belfer Center, Harvard Kennedy School, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2021 Combined Joint Force Land Component Course, Army War College, Carlisle, Penn.
1. Jan 1997 – Feb 1998, student, undergraduate pilot training, Vance AFB, Okla.
2. Mar 1998 – Sep 1998, student, B-52 initial qualification training, Barksdale AFB, La.
3. Oct 1998 – Jul 2004, standardization/evaluation pilot, short range flight scheduler, weapons and tactics instructor pilot, and standardization/evaluation flight commander, 23rd Bomb Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
4. Aug 2004 – Jul 2006, FTU weapons officer, flight commander, 11th Bomb Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
5. Aug 2006 – Jul 2007, assistant director of operations, 2nd Operations Support Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
6. Aug 2007 – Jun 2008, student, ACSC, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. Jul 2008 – May 2009, student, SAASS, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. Jun 2009 – Apr 2011, joint plans officer/strategist, HQ USSTRATCOM/J5, Offutt AFB, Neb.
9. May 2011 – Jul 2012, assistant executive officer to the CSAF, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
10. Aug 2012 – Jun 2014, Commander, 23rd Bomb Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
11. Jul 2014 – Jun 2015, Fellow, Harvard University, Cambridge Mass.
12. Jul 2015 – Jul 2017, Vice Commander, 2nd Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, La.
13. Aug 2017 – Jun 2019, Commander, 7th Bomb Wing, Dyess AFB, Texas
14. Jul 2019 – April 2021, Director, Air Force Colonels Management Office, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
15. May 2021 – Present, Chief of Staff, Combined Joint Task Force – Operation INHERENT RESOLVE, Union III, Iraq